Thursday, October 9, 2008

College

College.....just thinking about that word makes me want to run to my closet and hide. That dreaded question i seem to get asked everyday, "Where are you going to college?" It makes me want to scream....

I DON'T KNOW

I am a senior in Highschool and have yet to go on a college visit or even think about applying for a college. The main issue is trying to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life, what am i going to major in? In Psychology we are learning about Erickson's stages of development and Darwin simplified it best, happiness in adulthood depends on two major things: Relationships and Work. If you are not happy in your job, if you don't feel like you are accomplishing your goals, if you're not interested in what you do then you won't be happy. No matter how good your life is. You could have an amazing house and beautiful children, but Erickson argues if you do not get passed that step of having work that you enjoy and that meets your interests, you will not be happy. This makes my decision even more streeful.
But wait there is another variable added to the mix....my boyfriend. We want to go to the same college, and yes I know it's not a good idea to base your choice off this, but it's what i want. I don't think that my boyfriend will be able to get into a college that i could get into though. We are thinking that maybe he can go to a community college that is by the university that i attend. I can't deal with all of this. There is too much to think about and to take into account. I think that we are going to a college planner very soon to get somethings straightened out. I will update you on how the visit goes. Also here is a link to a very good college planning site that i have spent many hours on.

No comments: