Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Garden City


Missoula, Montana
Known as the Garden City, Missoula is supposedly the place to be.
One of my school administrators, Mr. Maxey, whose opinion i highly respect, told my friend and i that we had to visit this majestic place. When i first heard it was in Montana i have to admit i was a little turned off. So i decided to do some research.
It has a thriving art scene according to wikipedia. The international wildlife film festival is held there. I guess one of the members of Pearl Jam is from Missoula, Aubrey would find that interesting (my friend who is taking this trip with me).
It is the second largest city in Montana and is home to the University of Montana. It is some sort of sanctuary for bicyclist because of the American Bicycle Association's location there.
The college town aspect of this city is so far the most appealing feature to me. I feel like it would be an interesting place to take a road trip to.
Aubz and i will plan one during spring break and then i'll tell you how it went.

1 comment:

aristotleford said...

You didn't tell me about this post! Perhaps it was a trick to test my friendship and interest in your blogging adventures. I'll have to mention it to you in approx 30min at lunch and I'll see how I fared. Yes, the bassist Jeff Ament is from there, I knew it'd be a wild venture once I connected that information.

Thank heavens for Mr. Maxey.