Tuesday, November 11, 2008

corporate monsters



I absolutely hate every cell phone company in the world.
They are so corrupt and ridiculous!
So basically cell phone companies are kind of like the DOT because they don't care about their customers. They know that no matter what they do everyone still NEEDS a cell phone so they will do whatever is needed to have one. The DOT doesn't care because everyone needs a license. So basically cell phone companies can charge whatever ridiculous price they want.
And what i understand is that their is really no way of creating competition. i know that there are different companies to choose from but each is as corrupt as the next. So basically in order to get reception all over the world your cell phone provider needs access to as many cell phone towers as possible. Each company owns their own towers and then pays to use other companies towers. So if one company decided to make their prices lower then the companies they are renting towers from would say, "No more towers for you" because then their lower prices would steal customers from their company. Basically the prices will forever be high because it's a never ending cycle.
Here is my horror story with my cell phone company. I started my own contract, with my mom's signature because i wasn't 18 at the time. My bill was about $80 a month and i had unlimited text messages and like 1200 minutes or something like that. It was the lowest plan they had which made me mad in the first place because i never used more then half of my minutes in a month. So i was way over paying for all of these minutes that i didn't use and i couldn't do anything about it.
That was just the beginning. So my sister, who is 20, decides to add herself to my plan. I told her as long as she could just add herself to my existing plan that would be fine. Because i wasn't using all of my minutes anyway and then i would only have to pay $40 a month. It sounded too good to be true. Trust me it was. She went into my wireless provider and asked them to do this. However they told her that the plan i had was only a single person plan, she couldn't be added to it.
Any normal person would say okay then walk out the door. Oh No not her. She decides to change my whole entire plan so she could be added to it. Ever since then i have been paying $150 plus a month. Every month i go in to ask why and they always have an excuse to tell me why i am paying so much. Every month i go in their to tell them i want my old plan back and every month they tell me i have to wait for a certain period of time before i can do that. I am getting so fed up.
Oh yeah and cell phone companies have these genius things called contracts that lock a person in for as little as two years. If i wanted to just walk away i would have to pay $300.
They have rediculous rules that are only in place for them to make money.
Corrupt jerks
support

No comments: